This week my printer have been busy 3D printing wheel arches for the robot. The rear wheel arches “top covers” are divided into two parts for each side. I started of by printing the smaller rear part which was a 15 hours print. All parts where printed with a 0.6mm nozzle and the layers came out perfect. Using PrimaSelect PETG for many prints now and I really starting to love it. Printing at 240C which is slightly higher temperature then the recommend limit for this filament but the layer bonding gets much better and not effecting the looks the part. When printing this hot this filament tends to leak a bit as you can see in the picture below, but it does not matter when I print the parts so the leakage is colleting on the back of the part (not visible in the end).
When 3D Printing wheel arch part 2 I have to admit, I was nervous! This part was a 38 hours print (35 hours calculated by ideamaker) The part have a 5mm thickness and are almost 250mm high. The bed surface is quite small and the part has a very big overhang.
As one can see from the picture part managed to completed without any fails. The Raise3D is a real workhorse with great accuracy. The part came out ok. I was a bit warped, but I think its fixable when doing the final finishing of the parts (The Wheel Arches will be painted and glued together).
Here is some assembly pictures of the Wheel Arches mounted on the robot. I have not yet printed them all. I ran out of filament, so I need to buy some more.