In the last couple of days a lot of things has happened. The Motor brackets have been CNC milled and the final components for the drive system will be manufactured this week. So hopefully at the end of next week assembly of the drive system can begin. When all parts have been milled, some of the parts will need welding. I will post pictures of this later on.
Here is some pictures of the motor brackets
Parallel to this the Raise3D printer have been working a lot. Started of by printing the right front cover (this was a 30 hours print). Half way in to the print the printer got a nozzle hit, causing misalignment of the layers and I was forced to cancel the 3D print.
I spent some time cleaning and greasing the 3D printer and then wanted to test print a smaller job (a 15 hours print) before mowing a long with 30+ hours prints. I 3D printed the rear wheel arch part 1/2. This part was printed with an 0.6 mm nozzle instead of the 0.4mm original nozzle. I changed the nozzle diameter in Ideamaker and the extrusion width to 0.6mm. I still use 240C nozzle temperature but turned back the flow rate to 86% and the layers looked very nice and even. The part came out great! Below you can see a quick assembly of the part on the robot. Sometimes a print is just doom to fail.
The part fitted perfect and I like that the body shape align to the display (an extra design touch). Today I will start to 3D print wheel arch part 2/2 and It will take around 34 hours, its a bit bigger and a bit more complex.