The third part of the Valify robot is now printed. It came out very nice. Nice layers and very solid. I test mounted and it fits like a glove. One minor failure on this part was that I forgot to mirror a few holes. But i detected this to late in to the print (don’t want to waste filament).
But I think i can drill these holes because they are not a part of the structural strength of the body, The holes for attaching the lid above the motors.
the Assembly with the third part mounted:
So the parts thats have been printed so far showed in Fusion360 below.
Next part to be printed is the left front lower part. I had a revision of the part last night adding some additional support beams to increase the structural strength (marked in green in the picture below). This part will Also be printed with same settings as before and with the PrimaSelect PETG. This part can be slightly complicated to 3D print, beaucse its narrow and long as you can see in the picture below. Lets see how it goes. The total Print time will be around 33h and consume 400grams filament (this part will be printed with an infill of 20%) to increase the strength.
Last night I also ordered the aluminum support beam that will go though the Robot (marked in picture above in yellow) this beam will connect the two front parts and increase the strength between the parts. The Profile thats going to be used is a 20x20x500mm.
The cross section looks like this: