The Print for the first part for the Valify Robot lawnmower finished this night. I was already aware of the cracking on the outer shell I spotted it when I got home. But I let the print continue, because it was so close to finish (7h). The total Print time landed around 45h and wasted around 550grams of filament. I wanted to see and touch the complete part. So see if I should do something different before trying to print it again.
Here is the part:
I also tried to mount the motor with the disc mount, the other motor mounts are in printing now (I am testing to increase the filament temperature to see if I can get better layer adhesion).
So For the next prints I will need to go back to calibration. I think I will try a brand new Buildtak Sheet with 80C for first layer and then 60C for the rest. I will also Install a blower fan and mount the covers on the existing fans reducing the cooling for first layer. Then I will turn on the blower at 40%.
Tried a new BuildTak sheet and cracked the temperature up to 240C when printing the motor mounts. Printed with 10% infill and 2 shells. They layer bond is actually so hard I can’t even brake them now. Not very nice. But hey, I need structure strength. Lets prints some more test parts with this settings to see how it goes.